PROCESS! OBJECT! EVENT!06/09/10
QUESTIONS WE HAVE YET TO ANSWER include:
1. How will we procure our materials?
a) a scavenger hunt in Hoorn/Amsterdam/elsewhere along the way (maybe in white suits, hey?)
b) a community exchange: a day/few days to invite the community into the space to learn about our project and trade, donate, or loan us plants and materials to foster
2. How will the three eco-systems in Triptych be different from one another?
a) (“original” idea) three climate zones represented (jungle, forest, desert)
More ideas –
b) three time periods represented (plants grown in the area during the time the church was built, now, and sometime in between OR this same idea but regarding the space where we met – Southern California, think wetlands, citrus, weeds – which would demonstrate the changes brought on by colonization and urbanization…)
c) three different growing methods – soil terrarium, hydroponic terrarium, air terrarium
d) three types of plants like Aquarium (food, carnivorous, water)
3. What will grow in the Window Gardens? Why?
4. How will all these systems be sustained/maintained?
a) irrigation system like Aquarium ?
b) ritual waterings ?
c) human powered lighting systems?
d) transportation/direction of sunlight?
e) ritual sunnings? I don’t even know what this means!
5. How is participation/interactivity encouraged? Is it necessary? It is a hindrance?
What happens if no one participates in/interacts with Terrarium?
Do we want people to participate/interact? Why?
Do we want to need them? Why?
6. What is our schedule of events? What kinds of workshops/performances/etc do we want to have?
c) Reclamation choir
d) Wilderness Boundary
e) terrarium construction / process workshops
f) seed/plant exchange
h) teach us? (workshops where we don’t teach!)
k) meditation? yoga? cardio-constellate!
l) debate or other forms of fancy fighting
m) dance party?
p) aiding and abetting criminals/allowing runaways a place of respite?
q) naked fashion show?
r) Eternal Telethon or other friend project/event/affair?
s) AA meetings?
t) Reclamation meetings
u) speed dating
w) field trips for school kids
x) an outing for the elderly
y) historical society lecture about the history of the space, ensuring our insertion into that history
z) … ??? !!!
7. Do we have a life outside of the space?
How can we be More Social in our project?
Could we preach in town? Go on a mission? A pilgrimage? A search for a context? A search for family– Where are the other ‘earth churches’? Wait, is that even what we are making?
8. How do we PERFORM Reclamation once Terrarium is constructed?
9. How does our travel inform our project? Could we each document our pilgrimages?
10. Is there any way to start now?
11. What happens when we finish?
Do we disseminate the bits into the town? A giving back?
Do we smash them all and throw them into the trash, plants and all?
Do we bury them in the garden?
Do we donate them to the town, to a school or a home?
Do we burn them?
Do we abandon them on a corner?
Do we auction them?
Do we give them away to the first person who asks?